Workshops and sessions for parents and carers
Our Cumbria Autism Family Support Project has a host of FREE workshops and information sessions lined up for this year and into 2022!
Posted Wednesday, 24th February 2021
Cumbria Autism Family Support Project has confirmed a series of dates for workshops and sessions aimed at parents and carers running through from May 2021 to January 2022 on top of those already confirmed for February to April 2021 (details of these on this website and also on the Cumbria County Council SEND page).
These events will be online on Zoom or face-to-face at a venue to be confirmed. Please note all events are dependent on Covid-19 safety measures being in place at the time of each event. For more details, or to book a place, contact KAREN DICKIE on 07730 536 842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and closing date to book places is a week before each event.
The events are all FREE, run from 10am to midday unless stated, and they are as follows:
* MAY 13: Post Diagnostic Information Session
* JUNE 10: Puberty & Beyond Workshop. (If face-to-face 10am-2pm)
* JULY 1: Post Diagnostic Information Session
* SEPTEMBER 16: Post Diagnostic Information Session
* SEPTEMBER 29: Transition From Primary To Secondary School (If face-to-face 10am-2pm)
* OCTOBER 13: Sexuality & Relationships Workshop (If face-to-face 10am-2pm)
* NOVEMBER 17: Post Diagnostic Information Session
* JANUARY 22: Post Diagnostic Information Session
* JANUARY 25: Growing Up & Moving On Workshop (If face-to-face 10am-2pm)
As well as the above, from September to November there will be the 'What Now?' programme for parents and carers to learn more about autism. These sessions will run from 10am to midday on Zoom. For more details about What Now?, contact The Children's Learning Disabilities Behaviour Support Service on 01228 603195 or email CumbriaChildrensLD@cntw.nhs.uk